These hearty pancakes are a great way to use summer’s best produce – corn and blueberries. The combination is sweet, flavorful and perfect for breakfast. Enjoy with your favorite maple syrup and fresh blueberries.
Makes 14-16 pancakes
3 tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups buttermilk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for serving
1 cup blueberries plus more for serving
1 cup fresh corn kernels
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Whisk buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla in a medium bowl, then whisk in 1/4 cup butter.
- Stir buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat large nonstick griddle or skillet over medium heat; brush with butter or spray with non-stick vegetable oil spray.
- Ladle 1/4 cup batter onto griddle for each pancake. Cook until brown and sides are dry, about 2 minutes per side. For fluffy pancakes, do not press down with your spatula. Transfer to a warm plate.
- Serve with syrup, butter and extra blueberries.